Monday, May 10, 2010

sleep

someone i trust to recommend music to me has mentioned something today

a dj olive. an ex-pat australian residing in new york, responded to the stress-related sleep deprivation of that city post september 11, created a sleep mix which was released on a lovely-looking label called room 40

room 40

room 40 describe their endeavour as "... delivering sound parcels from the antipodes since the turn of the century", and you can't say that ain't a delightful turn of phrase :)

the room of this unknown listener is now in a new house and getting to sleep in a new room in a new house can be tricky. i donned my beloved senneheiser digital headphones and tuned out to a long playlist of long songs, featuring some sleep-magic lengthy tracks.

this dj olive release has shot to the top of my wishlist because this is where music is more like therapy or meditation than just something to have on in the background.

i perform most of my narratives in this life to a soundtrack of some description. i dream of high-fidelity stereo systems and perfect listening environments.

i believe that music can help me navigate my way out of a tangle of words.

listening to that excerpt from dj olive's sleep i am mentally playlisting: growing, eluvium, eno/budd, vladislav delay...

more from me soon

'til now, sleep

:)

~ listener

No comments:

Post a Comment